However, in recent months, a new trend has emerged and it is making something in a coffee maker that is not coffee, it's food. People have figured out the ability to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a coffee pot.
So what are some of the foods that you can whip up in a coffee pot?
- Empty some packs of instant oatmeal into the pot. Put in some fruit or honey for flavor. Place a fruity flavored herbal tea into the filter basket. Pour around 9 ounces of water into the maker and turn it on.
- Poached chicken
- Take a chicken breast, butter, and salt and place into the coffee pot. Let it brew (only hot water, of course) for 15 minutes, flip chicken, brew again. The hot water cooks the chicken.
- Grilled cheese
- This one seems a bit more logical. You simply use the coffee pot burner like a griddle.
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Put the eggs in the pot and let the hot water brew and sit in the hot water for 7-8 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of instant rice (per person) into the pot. Brew the appropriate amount of water and leave it for 5-10 minutes so the rice can cook.
- Chocolate fondue
- This one is a bit messy but doable. Heat up some cream in the pot for about 15 minutes and mix in some chocolate (break it up). Let it heat for 10 minutes and stir.
- Corn on the cob
- Put corn in the pot and brew water for about 8 minutes.
- This is another logical one. Put the ramen in the pot and brew some water and let it sit until the noodles are tender.
- Steamed veggies
- Place the veggies in the pot and brew some water.
- Chicken pesto pasta
- Sear the chicken on the burner. Then use a coffee grinder for the pesto. Cook the pasta in the pot. Mix & eat.
- Put the quesadilla together and cook on the burner.
- Poached fish steaks
- Make sure the steaks are about 3/4 inches thick. Put in the filter. Brew water so it runs over the fish. Do 10-11 cups of water through the maker. Flip the fish & repeat.
Hungry yet? Possibly. Thirsty for some coffee? Not in that coffeemaker but yes. As national online coffee distributors we love seeing all the fun ways that coffee and coffeemakers are used in the world.