There are several components to being Fair Trade:
- Purchasing of targeted coffee via organized farmer co-ops that are ensured to be democratic.
- Commodity floor prices that are always agreed upon and ensured to be able to provide a dignified living for the farmers.
- All exports by producers are direct.
- Importers have to promise to make affordable credit available to the farmer co-ops.
- A global structure of non-profit certifying association.
- A fee that is paid by the importers and wholesalers to cover the cost of any certification.
- A seal that assures consumers that the project was traded with all fairness.
When you purchase Fair Trade Coffee, you can rest easy knowing that you are helping coffee farmers develop pride, independence, and community empowerment; they can provide a real living for themselves and their families.
Purchase your Fair Trade Coffee from Coffeevines and spread the love!