As you know, we love to share recipes that do not require a lot of work, crazy ingredients, and that require you to run out to the store; all the recipes we share have ingredients that you should already have in your home (unless you ran out and are due for a grocery trip anyhow). Well, this recipe falls right in line with the others on that regard.
True southern sweet tea is made by using some black tea, putting it into a big jug of water, then placing it out in the sun to do its thing. This way is just as tasty and refreshing with a fraction of the waiting time. It doesn't require waiting hours and hours and no powdered teas, just a simple K-cup.
The ingredients you will need for this recipe are:
- 1 black tea K-cup (I like the Celestial English Breakfast)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar or artificial sweetener (whatever you enjoy more or must use)
- 1 slice of lemon (you can do a very small wedge but a slice works better)
- a tall glass
- Measuring cup
Now that you have your ingredients ready to go, let's get started.
- Take your tall glass and fill it up with ice. Do it to the brim but you can hold a few cubes back if you'd prefer.
- Place the sugar into the measuring cup. Do not put it into the tall glass.
- Brew your K-cup into the measuring cup, not the glass with ice.
- Mix the sugar and tea together until all the sugar is mixed in.
- Pour the tea from the measuring cup into the glass with ice.
- The ice will melt in the glass so you'll likely want to add more.
- Place the slice of lemon on the rim of the glass, or in the glass on top, or whatever you want, it's your iced tea.
- Drink up!