- 9 graham crackers. Smashed finely.
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of Nutella
- 1 ounce of semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, melted
The coffee ganache
- 12 ounces of semisweet chocolate, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 & 1/4 cups of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of fresh coffee grounds
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar, white
The graham cracker crust prep
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and the other ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Once mixed, spread this mixture into a pie tin. Push until firm.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
The coffee ganache prep
- Place chocolate and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Bring the cream, the coffee, and 2 tablespoons of water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let steep for about five minutes.
- Strain the cream mix through fine, mesh sieve into the bowl with the chocolate and butter.
- Toss the coffee grounds.
- Stir the mix until it is all melted and smooth.
- Pour this into the chilled crust.
- Let set for an hour.
- Use an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Beat the egg whites in a medium sized bowl until they are light and frothy.
- Add in sugar in 4 additions to avoid sugar rebounding everywhere. Beat for one minute with each addition.
- Beat egg whites and sugar until stiff and glossy.
- Spread the meringue over the coffee ganache. Feel free to make it decorative!
- Use a kitchen torch to brown the meringue a bit to give it that campfire roasted marshmallow look.
- Keep the pie chilled. It can be made 8 hours ahead of time.