One of the best desserts we've found to enjoy with a Starbucks Pike Place coffee roast or maybe a Marley Talkin' Blues is the No-Bake Caramel Turtle Cheesecake.
Here's what you'll need:
Brownie layer of cheesecake:
- 1 box of brownie mix or you can make your own batch of brownies from scratch if you know a good recipe
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbs of butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 16 ounces of cream cheese
- Half cup of granulated sugar
- Half cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of caramel syrup
- Half tsp of cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 4 ounces of cool whip
- Handful of chopped nuts, such as pecans
- Caramel syrup
- Hot fudge
- Grease the 9 inch springform pan. Mix all the brownie ingredients until the mix is smooth. Pour the mix into the pan and bake according to the brownie box's instructions. Sorry, so there is some baking.
- While the brownies are baking, make the caramel sauce. In a small pot, heat up the sugar with water over medium heat and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Once the sugar is dissolved, swirl the pan until it turns a slightly darker color, around an amber color. Do not whisk this mix, swirl using the handle. Slowly and carefully pour in the cream. Whisk this until it is smooth. Remove the pot from heat and mix in the butter, vanilla, and salt. Set the caramel to the side and allow it to cool and thicken a bit. Once the brownies are done, remove the outer ring of the pan and allow the brownies to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugars until it is all smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup of caramel syrup and spices until mixed. Mix in cool whip and mix until smooth and even distributed. Put the outer ring of the springform pan back on the pan. Put the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownies. Chill in fridge for a few hours.
- Sprinkle nuts and caramel sauce over top of brownies.