The prep time for this is about 10 minutes and the cook time is just over 30 minutes, max 35 minutes. The ingredients you will need for this recipe are simple but may require a quick trip the the grocery store. This will serve about 20 people, unless you have a few monsters running around who are particularly hungry.
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups of sugar - can be raw, organic, or sugar substitute if needed
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder- unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 2/3 cup of applesauce - no cinnamon
- 1 cup of low fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 coffee K-Cup
Now that we have the ingredients, let's get going!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Take a baking pan, 13x9x2 and spray it with some PAM or vegetable oil spray. Sprinkle a bit of flour in there too.
- Take a mixing bowl, a large one if you can find one, and mix in the flour, sugar, cocoa, and the baking soda. Give it a nice stir.
- Mix in the applesauce, buttermilk, the vegetable oil, and the eggs. Again, give it a nice stir.
- Now, grab yourself a saucepan and put the coffee in there (after you've brewed that, of course). Bring the coffee to a light boil on medium heat. Stir occasionally. Once it comes to a light boil, mix it into the batter from step 3.
- Pour it into the pan. Put in oven for 35 minutes. If it is not done, do 5 more minutes. Of course, use the toothpick test to see when it's good to go.
- Chow down, my friends.